Mary Theresa Colwell
Mary T. Colwell (nee Pasqualino) graduated from Albany Law School of University in Albany, New York in 2001 with a concentration in Criminal Law. While at Albany Law School, Mary was a member of the Moot Court Board, the Women's Law Caucus and Vice-President of the Italian-American Law Students Association. Ms. Colwell was admitted to the New Jersey State bar in December of 2001 and the New York State bar in January of 2002. She is also admitted in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey and the United States District Court for the Northern District of New York. In May of 2005, Ms. Colwell was selected for admission to the United States Supreme Court in Washington, D.C.
Ms. Colwell worked for the Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office in the Motions and Appeals Bureau, where she acquired prosecutorial experience, upon graduation. She remained in New Jersey for one year, gaining invaluable general practice experience at Hobbie, Corrigan, Bertuccio & Taschy. However, her desire to work in Albany, where she was born and raised, led her the Law Offices of Alice K. Berke, P.C. in 2003, where she concentrated her practice in Matrimonial/Family Law, Real Estate (including real estate closings and landlord-tenant matters), Vehicle and Traffic Law, and Criminal Law.
Ms. Colwell joined her husband, Kevin, at Colwell, Ferrentino & Petroccione, LLP in September of 2008 and is currently a member of the New York State Bar Association and the Capital District Women's Bar Association.
Mary continues to concentrate her practice in Matrimonial/Family Law, Real Estate (including real estate closings and land-lord tenant disputes), Vehicle and Traffic Law, and Criminal Law. However, she is well versed in many general practice areas.
Areas of Practice
- 60% Matrimonial/Family Law
- 25% Real Estate (including Landlord-Tenant)
- 10% Vehicle & Traffic Law
- 5% Criminal Law (Misdemeanors, DWI)
- 60% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New York, 2002
- New Jersey, 2001
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2002
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 2002
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2005
- Albany Law School Union University, Albany, New York
- J.D. - 2001
- Honors: Member, Moot Court Board, 2000-2001
- Drew University, Madison, New Jersey
- B.A. (Magna Cum Laude) - 1998
- Major: English
Honors and Awards
- 2010 Honoree at the Capital District Women's Bar Association Sweet Success program
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Capital District Women's Bar Association, Member, 2007 - Present
- New York State Bar Association, Member, 2002 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Law Offices of Alice K. Berke, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2003 - 2008
- Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office, Law Clerk, 2001 - 2002